Friday, August 18, 2006

That had to be one of the most low-key and relaxed - but still positive - interviews ever. Even before it really got started, it was off to a great start...as I entered the room, one of the women said, "He has to go. He's an Ole." (meaning a St. Olaf alumni). My response: "You must be a Carleton grad." The principal laughed, and asked how I could tell from just that one sentence. Considering that Carleton and St. O. are crosstown rivals, it was really easy...the only other possibility would have been that she graduated from Loser...err, Luther...College in Decorah. (a huge rivalry with another Lutheran college) As I sat down, the other gal said that I wasn't going to escape that easily. She graduated from Gustavus Adolphus. (yet another Lutheran college rival)
Question for any of my former students (including the bandies who played in full orch) who might happen to read this: I've been asked in my last two interviews how my students would describe me. Other than saying I'm crazy/insane/cracked, I have no clue. Help me out, please?

No comments: