Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Am getting irritated with my cell. It just (within the last 2 minutes) buzzed to let me know that it sent a text message that I should have been sent on Monday. That's when I put it in, at any rate... Grr. So...I'm definitely calling Cingular to get this straightened out. And it isn't as though I haven't made/received any calls in the last week - have actually made more calls in the last 4 days than in most of June.
So...if you have sent me any text messages in the last week - I'm not ignoring them. I haven't gotten them! Wonder how many of the ones that were "sent" hadn't gone out before I emptied the outbox last time...

Yet another on-line app finished last night - Farmington, MN. It's a 7th grade band gig, so it isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but still...

Finally got a call from the Fine Arts Director in Columbia, SC this morning. He was supposed to call last Friday - at least, that's what the other gal who called said. Did a short phone interview with him, and he said he'd have the building principal to give me a call "soon". So...I muddle around for about an hour, waiting for the phone call, then figure they're all in their in-service meetings. (Those started today...students start next Tuesday!) I headed out to do various farm chores, and missed the call - four hours after the first one. Hmph. Nothing like a generous definition of "soon" - almost like the Caribbean version!

Am going to give the South JH band director (where I used to teach) a call tomorrow to see if she has any inside connections in Buffalo, since that's where she lives... Doubt she will, but it's worth a shot!

No comments: