Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So I stopped in to pick up the 1st violin book so I could get all the cuts and other miscellaneous stuff marked in before last night's rehearsal, I got a bit of a surprise... "Did Mr. W. tell you about the little twist we've come up with?" (Mr. W. is the pit conductor, and is also playing the role of Sitting Bull.) "When he's on stage, we'd like to have you conduct." Umm...okay. Let's hope my conducting sight-reading skills haven't disappeared in the past few weeks - especially since there are quite a few spots that we have to follow the kids on stage...or I have to give them cues! Sheesh...I really hope there aren't any other surprises in store...

---
update after the rehearsal...

Major project: taking the books for violin 1 & 2 and mashing the parts together to make sure all the solo bits are covered, while not giving myself an impossible-to-learn-in-2-days part.

Translation of "when he's on stage, we'd like to have you conduct" -- "You get to conduct Act II."

No comments: